Roflumilast is a relatively new drug used to treat moderate to severe COPD. In this article we look at its pros and cons.
Coughing, mucus, and breathlessness are regular annoyances when you live with COPD, but they can be even more difficult to handle in the mornings. You’ll need a strategy to tackle the uncomfortable morning symptoms swiftly and thoroughly, so you can stay on track and get the most out of your day.
In the early stages of COPD you may not experience many, if any, noticeable symptoms. Symptoms usually don’t become obvious until the lungs have accumulated significant damage.
Since adequate exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide is necessary for every process within the body, every cell and system of the body is impacted by COPD. As a result, incontinence may arise.
If your children are grown they will likely handle the news of your condition well. But what about your kids’ kids?
If dedicating 10% of your waking hours to exercise meant the other 90% would be significantly better, would you do it? That’s a reality for many COPD patients who have come to realize that exercising on a daily basis has enormous benefits to their quality of life.
The late Leonard Nimoy refused to let his COPD and its limitations stop him from living life to the fullest, according to friend and fellow actor Zachary Quinto.
When seasons change or a front moves in, COPD patients are often the first to notice. Living with compromised airways makes you more sensitive to particles in the air, as well moisture content, air pressure, and temperature.
There are dozens of COPD products that work to open your airways and loosen mucus, which is guaranteed to improve your comfort. However, different devices work in different ways, and some might suit you better than others. From inhalers and oxygen to clever additions to your living space, consider which COPD aids will help your symptoms and routine the most.